Monday's Soothing Chicken & Soba Noodle Bowls
This is an easy start to the week with a poached chicken dish that is a real crowd pleaser. This recipe leaves plenty of chicken for use later and if you have a busy week ahead why not pod all your beans and store in the fridge ready for subsequent recipes.
- 2 tblsp light soy
- 1 medium organic chicken
- 2 star anise
- 2” ginger
Soothing Chicken & Soba Noodle Bowls:
- 2 poached chicken breasts, sliced
- 200g pack soba noodles
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 bunch radish including leaves, cleaned and sliced
- 2 handfuls broad beans, double podded
- 4 spring onions, cut in long strips
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 red chillies sliced finely
- 1” ginger, julienned
To Poach the Chicken:
- Place the chicken in a large pan cover with water add soy, 2 star anise and 5 slices of ginger.
- Bring to the boil, cover & simmer for 45 minutes, then switch the heat off and allow the chicken to sit in the stock for 20/30 mins.
For the Chicken & Noodle Bowls:
- Remove the breasts from the poached chicken & keep warm.
- Pick the remaining meat from the bones and reserve for Thursday. Return the carcass to the pan and rapidly boil to reduce the poaching liquid by half.
- Cook the noodles as per pack instructions.
- Reserve half stock for Thursday & keep the remainder hot.
- Drain the cooked noodles & share between the 4 bowls. Top with carrot, spring onions, radishes, beans & finally the chicken. Ladle over the piping hot broth & scatter with sesame seeds, chilli & ginger.
Enjoy the rest of June's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email