His Valentine Cocktail
The "Old Fashioned," a classic cocktail of bourbon, bitters & club soda, muddled sugar and ice, is given a little Valentine twist in our ‘His & Hers’ cocktail duo. We have taken those subtle sweet flavours, added a little citrus which is so very good at this time of year, and topped with sparkling English wine rather than soda, to ensure that it is perfect for your Valentine's toast alongside your loved one's Rhubarbubbly.
Note: You do need to make the tincture ahead of Valentine's Day, so don't leave it to the last minute!
For the rosemary & thyme tincture:
- 25 g chopped rosemary needles
- 25 g thyme sprigs
- 100 ml vodka
- Combine all ingredients in a sealed jar and allow to macerate for 4 days shaking a couple of times every day.
- Using a cheesecloth or a muslin strain into a small bottle.
For his cocktail:
- 1 brown sugar cube
- Strip of orange zest
- 5 ml rosemary & thyme tincture
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 25 ml Woodford reserve bourbon
- Nyetimber classic cuvee to top up
- Add the orange zest and sugar cube to the bottom of a mixing glass and soak with the tincture and bitters.
- Crush the sugar and press into the orange zest using a muddler.
- Pour the bourbon over and stir using the muddler.
- Discard the orange zest.
- Stir with ice for about 30 seconds and strain into a champagne flute.
- Top up with the Nyetimber.