Our signature cocktail is deliciously balanced, with a clean palette that makes it the perfect aperitivo. We make a simple syrup of lemon thyme, an upright form of the herb, with gold and silver variegated foliage and a strong lemon scent; if you can only find common thyme, add the juice of a lemon to the syrup mix. We have chosen Sapling Vodka for our favourite cocktail, produced in the heart of London, distilled from 100% British wheat, and for every bottle they produce, they plant a tree, from fruit trees in London to Hazelnut trees in Suffolk, an ethos we love at Thyme.
For the cocktail:
- 35 ml Sapling Vodka
- 10 ml Lillet Blanc
- 10 ml Plum Sake
- 5 ml lemon thyme syrup
For the syrup:
- 500 g sugar
- 500 ml water
- 2 handfuls lemon thyme
- Stir your ingredients with ice.
- Strain into a small glass and garnish with a sprig of thyme.
For the lemon thyme syrup:
- Boil the sugar and water for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and stir in the lemon thyme.
- Leave for at least an hour, preferably overnight, before straining into a sterilised jar.