Thursday's Spicy Poussin with Vietnamese Salad
Thursday - mid-week spice! Make these tasty poussin, or equally you could shred left-over chicken or cooked prawns into this dish ...
Oven : 200ºC fan/400ºF/gas 6
For the poussin
- 2 Poussin, spatch-cocked or 8 thighs on skewers
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 knob ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 lime, zest & juice
- 1tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
For the Vietnamese salad
- 100g rice vermicelli, rehydrated
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed & finely sliced
- 1 bunch radishes, trimmed & sliced
- 4 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 carrots cut into ribbons
- 1tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- Coriander leaves, small handful
- Mint leaves
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1tbsp fish sauce
- 1tsp honey
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp peanuts, coarsely crushed
- Marinade the poussin for at least 1 hour
- Place the poussin on a tray, put into the oven for 30-35 minutes.
- Place the vermicelli, asparagus, radishes, spring onions, carrots, coriander and mint in a bowl.
- Whisk the lime, sesame oil, fish sauce and honey together and pour into the bowl. Toss to combine and turn out onto a serving plate. Scatter with chilli and peanuts.
- Remove the poussin from the oven and cut in half. Serve alongside the salad with lime wedges.
Enjoy the rest of May's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email