Tuesday's Seeded Pork Schnitzel with Asparagus Salad & Warm Jersey Royals
Tuesday - thin slices of soft pork encased in a crispy crumb, with slivers of raw asparagus in a fresh salad - no waste guaranteed! Cook all those glorious Jersey Royal's and save yourself a job on Wednesday ...
Oven: 180ºC fan/350ºF/gas 4
For the pork
- 4 pork escalopes, beaten out
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 eggs beaten
- 100g dried bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds coarsely ground
- 2 tbsp hazelnuts grounded
- 25g grated pecorino
- Grated zest 1 lemon
- 1tsp salt & ground black pepper
For the asparagus
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, shaved
- Pea shoots, watercress or rocket
- Shaved pecorino
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Salt & pepper
For the potatoes
- 1kg Jersey Royals, cooked until tender
- Olive oil
- lemon juice
- 1 tbsp dill, chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the flour on one plate, the eggs on another and combine the breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, coriander seeds, hazelnuts, pecorino, lemon zest and plenty of seasoning on a third.
- Dip the pork in the flour, the egg and finally the breadcrumb mix, set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and set aside half for Wednesday’s recipe. Roughly break up the remaining half, mixing together with the olive oil, lemon, dill, spring onions and plenty of seasoning.
- Place the asparagus and leaves in a bowl and dress with a little lemon juice and oil. Shave over the pecorino.
- Shallow fry the pork in 1cm of veg oil until golden on both sides.
- Serve with the warm potatoes and the salad.
Enjoy the rest of May's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email