Wednesday's Salmon Parcels with Jersey Royals & Salsa Verde
Wednesday - potatoes from Tuesday and a few simple ingredients - supper in minutes! Cooking in a foil parcel keeps all those lovely juices inside, ready to pour over the cooked fish.
Oven : 200ºC fan/400ºF/gas 6
For the salmon
- 4 skinless salmon fillets
- 1-2 bunches asparagus, trimmed
- 200g fresh (or frozen) peas or samphire
- 500g Jersey Royals, scrubbed & cooked until tender
- 40g butter
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt & Pepper
For the salsa verde
- 4 tbsp finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp salted capers, rinsed
- 3-4 anchovy fillets
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Place the ingredients on 1 large piece of baking parchment on top of a piece of tin foil. Season well.
- Seal the parcel, place on a baking sheet and put inot the oven for 15 minutes.
- Put all the finely chopped herbs into a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Separately chop the capers and anchovies and stir into the herbs.
- Crush the garlic clove with a pinch of salt until smooth and add to the bowl.
- Finally stir in the mustard and vinegar and loosen the sauce with the olive oil, adding enough to make it quite runny.
- Season with black pepper.
- Remove the parcel from the oven and open it carefully (the steam inside will be very hot)
- Serve the fish & vegetables with the salsa verde.
Enjoy the rest of May's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email