This is a real celebration of the season, the fragrant rosy taste of quince playfully lifted by clean sparkling wine. We use local English wine, totally delicious, from Poulton Hill.*
- Two small teaspoons of quince jelly or jam
- 15ml fresh lemon juice
- 35ml Chase Marmalade Vodka (otherwise one teaspoon of marmalade with 35ml vodka)
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Your favourite fizz
- Put all ingredients in a glass excluding your chosen fizz.
- Stir with a spoon run under hot water to help the honey dissolve and break up the jelly/jam.
- Fill the glass up with ice and top with a boston shaker.
- Shake hard.
- Separate the tin, and strain into a chilled champagne glass.
- Top with your favourite fizz and enjoy.
*The Poulton Hill Estate say, 'Our boutique vineyard is located in the beautiful Cotswold countryside. We concentrate on very high quality small yields, and our first harvest in 2012 has produced a multi medal winning sparkling wine. We are delighted to be supplying The Baa at Thyme and The Swan at Southrop, and look forward to continuing to work together in future.' As do we!