Celebrating bitter flavours in the ‘Home Kitchen’ at Thyme, we are making a lemonade for our guests with the best of winter lemons from Italy and Spain. It is the perfect season for juicy, fragrant citrus and the Thyme recipe for lemonade is a perfect balance of bitter and sweet, just what you’d expect from this classic drink and really easy to make. We have some very beautiful lemonade glasses in our online shop too ...
6 lemons, juiced
- 125g caster sugar
- Rinds of the lemons, sliced finely
- Lemon slice and sprig of fresh mint to serve
- Mix the lemon juice with the sugar in a large pitcher, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the lemon rind and fill the pitcher with ice.
- Leave to stand for about 30 minutes or until the ice has melted.
- Serve with crushed ice, garnished with a sprig of mint and a lemon slice.