Our Honey Granola is one of the stars of the breakfast table at Thyme, this recipe will make 1.5kg of granola, store in a large kilner jar and it will last a month (although you will probably run out a long time before that). Pair with a really fresh yoghurt and a seasonal fruit compote ... the perfect start to your day.
- 500g oats
- 60g un-blanched almonds, roughly chopped
- 60g un-blanched hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 60g pecans, roughly chopped
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 40g sesame seeds
- 350ml Southrop honey
- 60ml vegetable oil
- 150g sliced apricots
- 150g sultanas
- Preheat the oven to 160°c
- Line a large roasting tin with baking parchment. Mix all the grains, flakes, nuts and seeds in a bowl.
- Gently heat the honey and oil in a large heavy saucepan. Stir in the grain mixture and mix well until it is all coated.
- Spread the cereal evenly and thinly over the baking parchment and bake for 20 minutes. Stir until golden for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool before breaking the granola up into small chunks. Add the dried fruit and mix well.