Our delicious goose eggs are freshly laid each day in the kitchen garden at Thyme, you will find them in specialist grocers or if you live rurally you might try your local farm shop. Otherwise, three medium hen's eggs or two large duck eggs. Duck eggs are perhaps more widely available and have a larger yolk so you would acheive an omelette as yellow as ours. This makes a really filling breakfast or brunch and is lovely with a really fresh juice.
- 1 goose egg
- 1 knob butter
- 50g Coln Valley hot smoked salmon
- 1 handful of watercress
- Chilli Jam - download our recipe or source a really good quality jam
- Whisk the goose egg with salt & pepper.
- Heat a heavy based omelette pan, add a good knob of butter. Once the butter is foaming slightly, pour in the egg mix.
- Tilt the pan at 45° and gently move the mix around as it cooks.
- While it is still slightly runny, add the flakes of hot smoked salmon and place under a grill for a few seconds.
- Fold the omelette out onto a plate, pile up with watercress and douse with chilli jam to taste.