CRUMBED LAMB CUTLETS WITH FONTINA, SAGE & PARMA HAM
Our own delicate lamb cutlets, melting fontina and young sage running through. Served with a simply dressed seasonal salad of peashoots, radish & asparagus.
- 4 large lamb cutlets, French trimmed
- 2 slices Parma ham, quartered
- 4 sage leaves
- 4 small pieces Fontina cheese, sliced
- 1 egg, beaten with salt, pepper and a little milk
- White breadcrumbs
- Olive oil, for shallow-frying
- Trim away the excess fat and make an incision in the side of each cutlet from the side opposite the bone, to make a pocket.
- Stuff the pockets with ham, sage and cheese, as demonstrated.
- Press the sides together to seal the cutlets.
- Dip the cutlets in the egg first then coat well with breadcrumbs. Repeat.
- Pour enough olive oil into a large frying pan to cover the base generously and heat gently.
- Slowly fry the cutlets until golden brown on each side and then transfer to the oven for 5 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges.