Throughout the festive season the star of Charlie’s dessert menu in the Ox Barn has been Clementine & Campari Sorbet, which has wowed the crowds who love a bitter hit and has secured its place on the dessert menu for another month, but with a citrus switch to in-season blood oranges. Alcohol can impede the freezing process, so do err on the side of caution when adding the campari!
800 ml clementine or blood orange juice
- 350 g icing sugar
- Juice of 5 lemons
- A generous splash or two of Campari
- Blend the juice, sugar and lemon juice.
- Add the Campari to taste.
- Blend with the syrup until smooth.
- Churn your sorbet; which will last well in the freezer in a lidded container.
- The alcohol has a tendency to sink so re-churn before serving.