"The best thing about this is how easy it is to remember and you probably won't need to look at this page ever again once memorising it. One bunch of spring onions, one tablespoon of olive oil and one slice of lemon per person. It really is fool-proof. I include it however, because it is one of my favourites and is often praised highly by my dinner party guests despite its simplicity. It’s just one of those things I think everyone should know ... so here it is. It is delicious with fish, meat or any vegetable dish. I recently made it along side my miso mushrooms and golden eggs as a brunch dish and it went down with much enjoyment." Alexandra Dudley
- 6 bunches of spring onions, outer skins peeled & bottoms sliced off
- One lemon finely sliced
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 180.
- Place your spring onions and lemon on a roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Use your hands to coat the onions and rearrange the lemon so that it is evenly dispersed.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until your onions are slightly charred and caramelised.
- Transfer to a large plate and serve.