Tuesday's Beetroot and Quinoa Fritters with Feta, Peas & Mint
A vegetarian treat for Tuesday, using more of the season's freshest ingredients ... also perfect as a lunchtime dish.
- 500gms Beetroot
- 100gms Quinoa
- 350mls veg stock or water
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 75gms fresh sour dough breadcrumbs
- 1 egg beaten
- 2tblsp fresh dill, chopped
- Olive/rapeseed Oil
- 200gms fresh peas, blanched and refreshed
- 75gms feta crumbled
- Handful fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 lemon
- Scrub the beets and place in a foil parcel in the oven at 180c for 40-45 mins, until tender. Allow to cool.
- Rinse, then place the Quinoa in a pan with the stock or water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20-25 mins until tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Peel, then grate the beets into a bowl. Add the quinoa, onion, crumbs, egg, dill and plenty of seasoning. Mix to combine.
- Using your hands form the mixture into 8-10 patties.
- Heat ½ cm of oil in a frying pan and fry the patties for 3-4 mins each side until golden. Remove and keep warm.
- Place the peas in a Mortar and pestle and pound briefly. Add the Feta, Mint, 1-2 tblsp oil, S&P and a good squeeze of lemon juice then pound to a rough mixture.
- Serve the fritters topped with the peas.
Enjoy the rest of July's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email