Thursday's Seeded Galette with Spinach, Yoghurt, Pickled Vegetables & Smoked Mackerel
A galette is a French tart with a crusty free-form base, either pancake, bread or pastry topped with seasonal fruits, vegetables, ham or cheese. Our version of this classic dish is run through with seeds and has an impressive crunch.
For the galette:
- 50gms ground almonds
- 75gms mixed seeds
- 1tblsp quinoa
- 50gms tahini – or any nut butter
- 1tsp honey
- 1 x 400gm can butter beans, drained
- 2tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Salt & Pepper
For the topping:
- 4 spring onions finely sliced
- 250gms chard/spinach leaves
- olive/rapeseed oil
- 100gms soft goats cheese
- 3-4 tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Quick pickled veg (we have a lovely recipe if you would like to receive it, simply add the request to your 'Shopping List' email)
- 250g smoked mackerel or trout or salmon, warmed.
- 1tblsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 orange
- Whizz all the ingredients together in a blender until it comes together. Tip onto the work surface and bring to a ball.
- Roll the dough out between 2 sheets of baking parchment to 1/3cm thickness and place on a baking sheet.
- Remove the top layer of paper and prick the surface with a fork.
- Place in a 180c pre-heated oven for 18 mins. Then remove, cool briefly and place on a cooling rack to cool fully.
- Steam the spinach/chard to the pan and wilt.
- Mix the cheese, yoghurt, spring onions and plenty of seasoning, and spread over the gallette base.
- Top with the steamed veg, dressed with a little oil, the warm smoked mackerel, the pickles and scatter with pumpkin seeds, orange zest, squeeze of orange juice.
Enjoy the rest of July's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email