Start pumpkin season with a bang, this bright hot sour coconutty curry, is warming, pleasing and simple to prepare. This will become a family favourite for spice lovers and is easily adaptable for other vegetables throughout the year, especially winter root vegetables. Look for a good quality red curry paste in your supermarket, or seek out a Thai grocer locally or online.
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 2 lemongrass, bashed
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 cm piece of ginger or galangal
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4 tbsp roasted peanuts, roughly chopped
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 2 red chillis, finely sliced
- Place all the ingredients, with the exception or the peanuts, coriander and chillis, into a pan with ½ tsp salt and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Lift the pumpkin out of pan with a slotted spoon and discard the aromats.
- Bring the coconut back to a simmer and then add the Thai red curry paste and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Return the pumpkin to the pan and warm through, adjust the seasoning to taste.
- Serve with the nuts, coriander leaves and sliced chilli.
Enjoy further supper dishes below: