Wednesday's Tabouleh with Grilled Lamb Skewers
If you want to reduce the amount of meat protein in the week, this tabouleh recipe serves really well with caraway roasted carrots or baked sweet potatoes and feta.
For the lamb skewers:
- 4 lamb leg steaks – aprox 500 gms.
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 1tsp salt
- 2tblsp greek yog
- 1tblsp Ras al hanout
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water
For the tabouleh:
- 60g bulgar wheat
- 4 firm ripe tomatoes, diced into small cubes
- 4 spring onions, trimmed
- A large bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Bunch of mint
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground allspice or Lebanese seven spice
- ¼ tsp finely ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Juice of 1 lemon or to taste
- 150ml extra virgin olive oil
- Cut the lamb into chunks and place in a non metallic bowl along with the lemon juice and salt, mix to combine, and leave for 30mins.
- Add the yog and Raz to the bowl and massage into the meat. Leave for an hour or overnight.
- Thread the meat onto the skewers and BBQ or place under a hot grill for 5-6 mins, turning once or twice
- Serve the skewers with the tabbouleh and some Greek yoghurt flavoured with a little garlic.
- Cook the bulgar according to the pack instructions and drain and rinse under cold water.
- Put diced tomatoes in a separate bowl and set aside while you thinly slice the spring onion and wash, spin and chop the herbs.
- Drain the tomatoes of their juice and put in a large bowl. Add the spring onions and herbs and sprinkle the soaked burghul all over. Season with the cinnamon, allspice and pepper, adding salt to taste.
- Add the lemon juice and olive and mix well. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
Enjoy the rest of July's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email