Monday's Salad of Peas, Green Beans, Lentils & Tarragon with Crispy Skinned Fish
A delightful summer salad to start the week, this is delicious with crispy skinned salmon, but works with any grilled meat or fish. Alternatively pair with Buffalo Mozerella or a fluffy goat's cheese omelette.
For the salad:
- 300gms fresh peas, blanched and refreshed
- 200gms fine beans, blanched and refreshed
- 150gms Puy lentils
- ½ cucumber, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- Handful peashoots/rocket
- 2tbls chopped tarragon and chives
- Zest 1 lemon
- 4 salmon or sea trout fillets, skin on
- Salt & Pepper
For the dressing:
- Whisk together juice 1 lemon, a good pinch of English mustard & S&P. Next whisk in double the quantity of good olive or rapeseed oil.
- Cook the lentils in fresh water until tender – approx. 20. Drain, rinse and cool
- Place the peas, beans, lentils, cucumber & leaves in a large bowl. Scatter in the herbs and the lemon zest.
- Season the fish skin and place skin-side down into a hot pan with a little oil. Cook for 3-4 mins then season the flesh and place in a pre-heated 200c oven for 8-10 mins.
- Dress the vegetables and serve alongside the fish with a wedge of lemon.
Enjoy the rest of July's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email