Friday's Grilled Summer Vegetables with Spatchcock Poussin
The last recipe of the week is full of sunshine, very simple to make, but if you have trouble finding poussin serve the griddled vegetables with freshly cooked pasta, dots of ricotta and grated parmesan. If you have a little time you could make your own creamy ricotta the night before as we have in The Swan's July Recipe of the Month.
For the poussin:
- 2 corn fed poussin
- 1 tblsp chopped rosemary
- 1 lemon juice and zest
- 1 red chilli finely chopped
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper
- Olive/rapeseed oil.
For the vegetables:
- 6-8 baby courgettes
- Courgette flowers, torn
- Basil leaves, torn
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2tbs olive oil
- ½ lemon, juice and zest.
- Salt & black pepper
- Spatchcock the poussin and place in a zip-lock bag with the other ingredients. Allow to marinade for at least 30mins.
- Thinly slice the courgettes lengthwise and char on a very hot grill for a minute on each side.
- Place all ingredients in a warm bowl and toss.
- Pile onto a plate and serve alongside the poussin.
- Place the poussin under a grill or on the BBQ for about 12-15 mins. Carve and serve with the griddled veg.
Enjoy the rest of July's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email