Deep, rich Miso crunch, soft fish and wholesome rice.
Quick comfort in a bowl in no more than 30 mins.
- 4 chunky white fish fillets (we used Ling)
- 200gms brown rice, rinsed
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp rapeseed or veg oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled de-seeded and sliced
- 1 dspn white miso paste
- 1 tbsp sushi ginger
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds (black or white)
- White pepper
- Amaranth, Shiso or Coriander leaves to garnish
- Cooked the rice in plenty of salted water for 25 mins.
- Drain and immediately dress the warm rice with 3tbsp rice vinegar, the soy, 1tbsp mirin and the oil.
- Line a steamer with parchment. Put the fish in the steamer and season the flesh with lemon juice, salt and white pepper.
- Cover with lid and steam over a high heat for 10-12 mins.
- Dress the cucumbers with the miso and remaining tbsp each of mirin and rice vinegar.
- Mix through the ginger and sesame seeds.
- Pile the 3 elements equally into 4 bowls and garnish with herbs.
- Serve with hot chilli sauce, such as Sriracha.
Enjoy further supper dishes below: