Thursday's Chicken, Grains, Broad Beans & Crispy Onions
Monday's chicken and stock, combined with all the delicious flavours of summer, cooked in one pan ... perfect.
- 150g puy lentils
- 125g basmati rice
- 50g orzo
- 25g butter
- 300g broad beans – double podded
- 1 lemon
- Leftover chicken from Monday
- 2 tbsp chopped dill
- 2 tbsp pump seeds - toasted
- 2 onions finely sliced
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tsp all spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp coriander seeds coarsely ground
For the dressing:
- 250g plain Greek yoghurt
- 1 small clove of garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Small bunch of coriander
- Cook lentils in water until tender, then drain and rinse under cold water.
- Wipe out pan and add butter and heat until foaming, add the orzo and cook until golden, add the basmati.
- Add 300ml of Monday’s stock and ½ tsp salt. Bring to simmer, cover and cook on lowest heat for 12 mins.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered, for 5 mins.
- Fry the sliced onions in 2 -3cm of vegetable oil until golden, remove and drain. Discard excess oil. Add the spice to the pan and fry for 2-3 mins; then add the chicken to warm through.
- Add the chicken to the rice and lentils, then the dill, lemon zest, pumpkin seed, the broad beans and half the fried onions. Stir to combine and check seasoning.
- Make the dressing by whisking the yoghurt, garlic, tahini, salt and juice of the lemon together to form a pouring sauce.
- Turn out to a serving platter, scatter with the remaining onions and serve with the tahini dressing and coriander leaves.
Enjoy the rest of June's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email