Tuesday's Broad Bean and Spring Onion Filo Tart
Such a quick supper dish but also delicious for lunch, delivering all the flavours of the season, perfect with crisp green salad leaves ...
- 1 pack of filo pastry (6 sheets)
- 75g butter melted
- 1 bunch spring onions trimmed
- 200g broad beans (double podded if large)
- 200 ml crème fraiche
- 1 egg & 1 yolk
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 125g curd cheese
- 2 tbsp grated pecorino or hard goats cheese
- Cut the filo sheets in half, butter each on one side. Lay overlapping into a 20cm loose bottom tart tin.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and cook the spring onions for 5 minutes until lightly golden and softened
- Whisk the crème fraiche, eggs, tarragon and grated cheese.
- Place the veg into the pastry shell, dot in the curd, pour over the custard and place in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with watercress & raw asparagus salad.
Enjoy the rest of June's supper recipes below
FIVE DAYS SHOPPING LIST ... Contact us & we will send by email